Who are MyDrive?
MyDrive is a world leader in using data to build understanding of customer behaviour through telematics. We employ the latest thinking in data science and software engineering across a variety of sectors including motor, home and health automation. We are a small and rapidly expanding business based in a restored Victorian period building in a fantastic location, just a short walk from London Bridge. The company has recently been acquired by Generali, one of the world’s largest and most influential insurance groups with a very exciting vision for the future.
To deliver on this vision, MyDrive is growing quickly and requires an innovative Data Scientist to be part of the MyDrive Team and service customers on 6 continents.
This is what our team like about being part of MyDrive:
We are looking to hire a Data Scientist to join the already well-established multi-cultural team and help us discover insights hidden in vast amounts of telematics, claims and sensors data. You will be working closely with the other team members, applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and identifying values to deliver even better products. We are looking for someone who is independent, curious, passionate and open-minded, who likes discussing ideas, sharing knowledge and will bring something new to the table. The ideal candidate will possess a background in computer science, actuarial science, mathematics or similar quantitative discipline.
We focus on what we do and we care deeply how we do it: the right attitude and cultural fit are key for success.
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis
- Selecting features, performing data mining and exploratory analysis
- Developing machine learning and predictive models on diverse datasets
- Designing experiments, testing hypotheses, assessing model accuracy and optimising performance
- Working closely with the engineering team to translate prototypes into high quality production solutions
- Communicating and presenting results in a clear manner
- Keeping abreast of the latest developments in data science field, identifying new analytics trends and sharing knowledge with the team.
Skills & qualifications
- Proficiency in machine learning algorithms, predictive analytics and statistical techniques.
- Strong programming ability in R, Python, SQL, and/or Spark
- Great communication skills with the ability to clearly explain complex concepts in simple language, both verbally and in writing
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as ggplot, D3.js, etc.
- Good team player, data-oriented and problem solving personality
- Curiosity, inquisitiveness and attention to detail regarding data quality, data analytics, interpretation and presentation of findings
- Knowledge of insurance sector, telematics, or actuarial science
- 1+ year commercial experience
- Familiarity with Big Data ecosystems
As a fast growing company, the role has huge potential for professional and personal growth and you will be supported in growing the role and taking on additional responsibilities as we develop.
MyDrive is a small and rapidly expanding business based in a restored Victorian period building in a fantastic location, just a short walk from London Bridge. The company was recently acquired by Generali, one of the world’s largest and influential insurance groups with a very exciting vision for the future. To deliver on this vision, MyDrive is growing quickly to deliver new and innovative products and services to Generali and the wider insurance industry across motor telematics, smart home, eHealth, wearables and other IoT initiatives.
MyDrive monitors the market to ensure competitive salaries. Beyond that you will enjoy a pension (10% employer contribution), healthcare and childcare vouchers. But financial benefits are only the start of a career at MyDrive. Rapid professional growth, new technological opportunities, regular reviews and hack days are all part of life at MyDrive. With a vibrant and lively culture, the opportunity for flexible working and a relaxed dress code reflect our engineering spirit. It is an exciting environment and you will get to work in a great location with a great bunch of people!
If this is you, please send us a short note at email@example.com telling us why we should meet you, as well as your CV.
We will follow up with initial phone interviews for selected candidates
No agencies please.