Who are MyDrive?
MyDrive is a world leader in using data to build understanding of customer behaviour through telematics. We employ the latest thinking in data science and software engineering across a variety of sectors including motor, home and health automation. We are a small and rapidly expanding business based in a restored Victorian period building in a fantastic location, just a short walk from London Bridge. The company has recently been acquired by Generali, one of the world’s largest and influential insurance groups with a very exciting vision for the future.
This is what our team like about being part of MyDrive:
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer and working with him to:
- ensure the strategic alignment and successful delivery of all MyDrive’s projects,
- lead continuous improvement in project delivery performance, and
- take direct accountability for the management and delivery of specific cross functional, high impact, high complexity strategic business projects.
FOR PROJECT PORTFOLIO:
- Ensure alignment of all delivery activity focused on achieving MyDrive’s business objectives.
- Ensure the portfolio is appropriately prioritized and scenarios around prioritization, risk and value are considered.
- Ensure the portfolio is balanced across customer delivery, product development, technology and research streams of activity.
- Establish appropriate portfolio governance ensuring all stakeholders are actively engaged and supporting the plan.
- Actively manage portfolio risks, issues and dependencies.
- Measure, report and communicate portfolio performance, monitoring progress towards the company scorecard and other key business metrics.
- Supporting the delivery teams to continually improve and optimise their capability, through coaching and tools, to maximise throughput and enabling the teams to be successful.
- Define and document the project scopes, project targets/objectives and high level project plans to translate desired business benefits into clear and achievable project objectives.
FOR CHANGE MANAGEMENT:
- Prepare overall programme and project resourcing and contingency plans to ensure effective individual project resourcing to meet all of the project objectives/goals in all likely circumstances.
- Propose, negotiate terms and monitor and forecast project costs within budget limits to ensure delivery to target.
- Prepare project business cases, ensure sign off by all relevant stakeholders and costs and benefits are embedded within MyDrive business plan.
- Build strong relationships with all key stakeholders to gain acceptance of deliverables, project approach and commitment to support implementation.
- Lead and direct project teams comprising internal, contracted and third party resource to maximise effectiveness to deliver projects to time, cost and quality targets.
- Analyse and provide status information on all project progress against plan to highlight and resolve key issues requiring inter/cross functional resolution and to maintain senior management support and confidence.
- Create and sustain strong relationships across the business (Generali and MyDrive) to enable efficient and effective project delivery and ensure credibility and ownership of decisions.
- Continuously review the scope for improvement in programme and project management processes and performance, drawing out lessons learned and recommend changes where necessary, ensuring that motivation and a drive for excellence are built into MyDrive’s project management process.
- You have a ‘Yes we can’ attitude, a desire to help and support others, be hard working, energetic, fun loving and sociable
- You can demonstrate adaptability and creativity to tackle problems across the project lifecycle to push technology forward
- You love solving complex problems and are proud in delivering high quality work
- You are a strong team player, effective collaborator with the ability to handle multiple tasks
- You have excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- You are energetic, fun loving and sociable
You must have:
- Substantial proven experience in managing large, complex, cross functional projects in both growing and large companies managing portfolios of business and technical projects
- Experience of all stages from testing out conceptual ideas, working up and presenting the business case through to the delivery of projects and post implementation reviews.
- Track record of leading and delivering projects in fast paced, rapidly developing organisations operating in turbulent markets in a high tech environment.
- Budgeting and control skills
- Demonstrate high levels of influencing ability and communications skills at range people from different professional backgrounds up to and including board level within large organisation.
Great if you have any of this:
- Interest in telematics
- Experience of working with a parent company and in a global context
- Will have worked in a fast moving environment previously.
- Business knowledge of industry and external market and knowledge of My Drive
If this is you, please send us a short note at email@example.com telling us why we should meet you, as well as your CV.
We will follow up with initial phone interviews for selected candidates.
No agencies please.