Do you want to be a key part of the team building software for the world’s leading company in driver profiling? If so, this might be right up your street.
At MyDrive, we make driving smarter and safer. Our technology records data from drivers and vehicles, processes it using intelligent algorithms, and guides people to become better drivers by analysing their trips and sending them constructive feedback.
As a part of our journey, we are looking for a motivated Data Scientist to join the team.
What you will be doing:
- Build models to predict risk around insurance claims.
- Engineer features from noisy geospatial sensor data, applying knowledge in driving and digital signal processing.
- As we look to develop innovative features for our product potentially work on image recognition and NLP problems.
- Work in an applied research capacity, but also help us deploy software to production.
- Become a member of the Data Science team interacting with data engineers and other members of the business through cross-functional teams. Report to a Senior Data Scientist.
- Communicate results within the team, and to non-technical members of staff.
- Support customer queries to understand potential unexpected behaviour.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Degree in a quantitative/technical field such as Machine Learning, Statistics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Engineering; Masters degree with research element, or PhD preferred.
- 1+ years of experience in data science or quantitative analysis.
- Comfortable with programming in python (ideally, but R also), and using git version control.
- Interest in work related to driving with applications in the insurance industry, and sensor data from the internet of things.
To be a successful data scientist requires a broad set of skills. We don’t expect you to be an expert in everything as we work in cross-functional teams. However, we’d like you to demonstrate strong knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Statistics & Machine Learning: knowledge of statistics and machine learning algorithms (GLM regression, random forest, etc.) using popular packages (scikit-learn, statsmodels, pyMC3, tensorflow).
- Data Analysis: packages such as pandas and numpy; SQL (Postgres, Presto); visualisation libraries.
- Big Data: batch and streaming technologies (e.g. Spark); knowledge of ETL frameworks in Python; familiarity with AWS or other cloud computing providers tools; familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem (Hive, Spark) to process TBs+ of data (bonus for AWS knowledge)
- Software Engineering: strong Python knowledge, including knowledge of Object Oriented Design and functional principles; knowledge of C++, Scala or Java; experience in building RESTful APIs to put machine learning models into production (Flask/Django, AWS API Gateway), software testing, performance profiling.
We design solutions that help our clients deliver high-quality telematics products worldwide. As such, every team member at MyDrive is a problem-solver. Some of us started our careers at start-ups, and some of us bring experience from working at technology giants. The one thing we all have in common is that we’re versed in the latest technology trends and our work always has an impact. Like our customers, we understand and appreciate the importance of speed. Our agile development process allows us to roll-out new software daily; we do things in real-time.
We are open, flexible and truly international. At present, we have 20 nationalities across the team (we give each other great travel tips!). And we are growing fast! At MyDrive, we believe a diverse workforce and open culture are essential to innovation. Check our #lifeatmydrive on Instagram @_mydrive!