Do you follow developments in autonomous vehicles? Are you interested in measuring driver performance and improving road safety? Do you want to develop software for the world’s leading company in driver profiling? If so, this might be right up your street.
Our developers employ the latest thinking in software engineering to make driving smarter and safer. Our technology gathers data from mobile devices and external peripherals, processes it using intelligent algorithms, and guides people to become better drivers by recording and analysing their trips and sending them feedback.
We are looking for an iOS technical lead with:
- 10 years of software engineering experience with at least 5 on iOS
- the ability to demonstrate problem-solving and app building experience
- deep knowledge of mobile development and software development best-practices
- strong people management and technical leadership skills
- an energetic, hard-working, fun-loving, and sociable personality
- adaptability and creativity when tackling challenging problems
- an agile mindset and experience working in agile organisations
What you will be doing:
- proposing and championing internal improvement projects;
- providing technical leadership for multiple teams working on R&D, customer, and product improvement projects;
- ensuring best practices are being followed to maintain and develop our customer apps and our Telematics SDK, used both internally and externally to collect and manage driver data
- participating in hack-days to explore new and interesting ideas that can feed into our research and development process and become future product features
- writing high-quality code employing clean architecture and good software engineering practices (this role involves 40-50% hands-on development)
- mentoring and managing senior developers and helping them to manage other developers
- working with the engineering director to maintain and grow the development team, playing a key part in recruitment and interviewing.
We design solutions that help our clients deliver high-quality telematics products worldwide. As such, every engineer at MyDrive is a problem-solver. Some of us started our careers at start-ups, and some of us bring experience from working at technology giants. The one thing we all have in common is that we’re versed in the latest technology trends and our work always has an impact. Like our customers, we understand and appreciate the importance of speed. Our agile development process allows us to roll-out new software daily; we do things in real-time.
We are open, flexible and truly international. At present, we have 20 nationalities across the team (we give each other great travel tips!). And we are growing fast!
If this is you, please send us a short note at email@example.com telling us why we should meet you, and include your CV. We will follow up with initial phone interviews for selected candidates.
No agencies, please.