Do you follow developments in autonomous vehicles? Are you interested in measuring driver performance and improving road safety? Do you want to develop software for the world’s leading company in driver profiling? If so, this might be right up your street.
Our developers employ the latest thinking in software engineering to make driving smarter and safer. Our technology gathers data from mobile devices and external peripherals, processes it using intelligent algorithms, and guides people to become better drivers by recording and analysing their trips and sending them feedback.
We are looking for talented Android Developers to join our team with:
- At least 5 years of development experience on Android;
- deep knowledge of Android and a desire to share this knowledge with others;
- the ability to demonstrate problem-solving and app building experience;
- experience working with RESTful APIs in live projects;
- a can-do attitude and a desire to help and support others;
- a strong desire to develop existing skills and learn new ones;
- an energetic, hard-working, fun-loving, and sociable personality;
- adaptability and creativity to tackle problems across the project lifecycle, to push technology forward
What you will be doing:
- working closely with our in-house product, data science, and R&D teams on a cross-functional development team, assisted by your agile coach
- evaluating and exploring new technologies to help MyDrive anticipate and take advantage of them, while maintaining our customers’ confidence
- maintaining and developing our Telematics SDK, used internally and externally to collect and manage driver data
- participating in hack-days to explore new and interesting ideas that can feed into our research and development process and become future product features
- writing high quality code employing clean architecture and good software engineering practices
- performing code-reviews, writing unit tests, automating processes, and introducing any other good practices into our working environment
- defining and evolving your own team’s way of working, everyone has a voice
- mentoring and managing less experienced developers
We design solutions that help our clients deliver high-quality telematics products worldwide. As such, every engineer at MyDrive is a problem-solver. Some of us started our careers at start-ups, and some of us bring experience from working at technology giants. The one thing we all have in common is that we’re versed in the latest technology trends and our work always has an impact. Like our customers, we understand and appreciate the importance of speed. Our agile development process allows us to roll-out new software daily; we do things in real-time.
We are open, flexible and truly international. At present, we have 20 nationalities across the team (we give each other great travel tips!). And we are growing fast! At MyDrive, we believe a diverse workforce and open culture are essential to innovation. Check our #lifeatmydrive on Instagram @_mydrive!