Do you want to work for the world’s leading company in driver profiling?
We employ the latest thinking in software engineering and data science to make driving smarter and safer. Our main software product (aka “the App”) guides people to become better drivers by recording their trips and sending them feedback.
This is a great opportunity to be part of the MyDrive systems team to build, maintain and improve the server and service infrastructure by working closely with the development and data science engineering teams.
The Cloud is where:
– our projects run
– we deliver real production services to customers.
We are looking for:
A smart systems engineer to join a current team of two Site Reliability Engineers:
- 5+ years experience as a developer or devops in cloud computing
- Experience in cloud computing, ideally with AWS.
- Experience with Unix/Linux operating system, networking and information security.
- Understanding of DevOps methodologies and concepts.
- Experience with provisioning tools like Chef, Terraform or Packer.
- Continuous Integration experience (Jenkins or similar).
- Experience with source code repositories, especially Git.
- Ability to script languages and code in any one of the following, Bash, Ruby, Python.
- A follower of KISS and YAGNI philosophies.
- Ability to use monitoring and evaluate outcomes
- A ‘Yes we can’ attitude when met by tough challenges.
- A love for solving complex problems and desire to deliver high-quality work.
- Self-confidence and great communication skills
What you will be doing:
- Build, test, operate and improve the server and service infrastructure on AWS.
- Maintain and implement industry best-practise for automated configuration, management and security.
- Implement the benefits of automated testing and continuous integration.
- Design and maintain monitoring, measuring and alerting systems.
- Evaluate software performance – optimisation.
- Working closely with our software developers and data scientists to design and implement the infrastructure for large-scale data analysis.
- Research and recommend new technologies and features, keeping MyDrive up to date with the state of the art in system technologies.
- Share On-Call rotations with the rest of the software engineering team.
For extra points:
- Knowledge of container virtualization and orchestration layers, like Docker and Kubernetes.
- Knowledge of Distributed Systems.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases like Redis, Cassandra or DynamoDB.
- Experience of deploying, supporting, patching Ruby and Rails applications.
We design solutions that help our clients deliver high-quality telematics products worldwide. As such, every engineer at MyDrive is a problem-solver. Some of us started our careers at start-ups, and some of us bring experience from working at technology giants. The one thing we all have in common is that we’re versed in the latest technology trends and our work always has an impact. Like our customers, we understand and appreciate the importance of speed. Our agile development process allows us to roll-out new software daily; we do things in real-time.
We are open, flexible and truly international. At present, we have 20 nationalities across the team (we give each other great travel tips!). And we are growing fast!
At MyDrive, we believe a diverse workforce and open culture are essential to innovation. Check our #lifeatmydrive on Instagram @_mydrive!
If this is you, please send us a short note at firstname.lastname@example.org telling us why we should meet you, as well as your CV.
We will follow up with initial phone interviews for selected candidates
No agencies, please.