Do you want to work for the world’s leading company in driver profiling?
At MyDrive, we make driving smarter and safer. Our technology records data from drivers and vehicles, processes it using intelligent algorithms, and guides people to become better drivers by understanding how they drive and sending them constructive feedback.
Who are you?
A motivated software engineer with experience working in the cloud. You are a great communicator and love collaborating with other people and working in teams. You know the benefits of writing automated tests, and continuous integration and wouldn’t want to work without them. You understand how to break up work and iterate, and use these techniques to deliver better results to your customers. You are aware of the importance of security and privacy and understand part of your role is to keep your customers’ data safe and secure.
What will you be doing?
- Working in a cross-functional team with a product owner, to add and improve features to our motor telematics products
- Using configuration and automation techniques to allow us to rapidly deliver our solutions to our customers.
- Making small changes, which are deployed continuously
- Suggesting creative ways to solve problems, and discussing them with your team and peers
- Learning new technologies and techniques
- Collaborating with the QA team as you design and build your solutions
- Writing your own automated testing
- Prototyping and experimenting to find the right technical solutions
You’ll need to have:
– A passion for learning. We’re learning all the time, and your enthusiasm for learning will be as important as your previous experience.
– Great software engineering skills in your main language, and some experience with some other languages.
– An interest in working with the languages we use every day. We use Ruby for our existing telematics pipeline. Python for Data Science or Data Engineering and some Go and Node.js in our infrastructure
– Strong communication skills
– Experience building and maintaining real-world software applications
– Passion for quality, in the products you build, and your code
We’d love to see:
- Experience using AWS managed services to deliver solutions
- Experience working in environments that handle large data sets
The Team at MyDrive
We design solutions that help our clients deliver high-quality telematics products worldwide. As such, every engineer at MyDrive is a problem-solver. Some of us started our careers at start-ups, and some of us bring experience from working at technology giants. The one thing we all have in common is that we’re versed in the latest technology trends and our work always has an impact. Like our customers, we understand and appreciate the importance of speed. Our agile development process allows us to roll-out new software daily; we do things in real-time.
We are open, flexible and truly international. At present, we have 20 nationalities across the team (we give each other great travel tips!). And we are growing fast!
At MyDrive, we believe a diverse workforce and open culture are essential to innovation. Check our #lifeatmydrive on Instagram @_mydrive!