Do you want to be a part of the team building great software products for the world’s leading company in driver profiling? If so, this might be right up your street.
At MyDrive, we make driving smarter and safer. Our technology records data from drivers and vehicles, processes it using intelligent algorithms and guides people to become better drivers by analysing their trips and sending them constructive feedback.
As part of our journey, we are looking for a motivated and bright Data Engineer to join the team!
You’ll need to have:
- Commercial experience working as a Data Engineer
- Programming language Python or Java
- Working experience using cloud services in AWS or GCP
- Experience with Apache Hadoop framework (eg. Spark, HBase…)
- Deep understanding of data model techniques; designing, building and deploying new data models in production
- Experience designing and implementing extract, transform and load jobs in production
- Knowledge of relational databases, e.g. Postgres, MySQL
These skills and experience are a plus:
- Designing, building and maintaining Data Warehouse systems
- Using job workflow management tools (eg. Airflow, Luigi, Azkaban)
- Using PySpark or/and Scala
- Knowledge of NOSQL: e.g. Cassandra, DynamoDB
- Familiarity with tensorflow production deployments
What you will be doing:
- You will be enabling our data scientists’ work on enhancing our telematic models and injecting the data back into our mobile and web platform APIs.
- On the data engineer side, together with the team, you’ll support data analytics for different business processes. From designing and deploying dimensional structures using ‘schema-in-write’ column-oriented databases to ‘schema-in-read’ query engines.
- You will be ensuring that the MyDrive data pipelines are built using robust and maintainable code applying best practices.
We run our infrastructure entirely on AWS, so the experience of building and operating data architecture on AWS, and taking advantage of cloud-native architectures, would be a big advantage. We use newer technologies for many tasks, and using AWS means we can run very large clusters for some projects, but shut them down when done. For example, we recently ran a 600-node cluster, but only for a couple of days until the tasks were complete. In addition to this dynamic cloud-based approach, we also use a blend of traditional and modern data warehousing approaches for business intelligence and reporting.
As a small, fast-moving company, the role offers the potential for professional and personal growth, and you can expect to be involved in a wide range of projects.
We design solutions that help our clients deliver high-quality telematics products worldwide. As such, every team member at MyDrive is a problem-solver. Some of us started our careers at start-ups, and some of us bring experience from working at technology giants. The one thing we all have in common is that we’re versed in the latest technology trends and our work always has an impact. Like our customers, we understand and appreciate the importance of speed. Our agile development process allows us to roll-out new software daily; we do things in real-time.
We are open, flexible and truly international. At present, we have 20 nationalities across the team (we give each other great travel tips!). And we are growing fast! At MyDrive, we believe a diverse workforce and open culture are essential to innovation. Check our #lifeatmydrive on Instagram @_mydrive!